Friday, February 11, 2011

Tips from Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart didn't always have houses in East Hampton, Connecticut and Maine.  As a young woman she learned frugality, and although today she has no need to pinch pennies, she still understands that saving and frugality are Good Things. 


Food Saving Tips From Martha  


Fresh herbs are expensive and oh so tasty, so do pay attention to Martha's tips on how to save them.  Herbs also contain micro-nutrients that we all need.  I hope  you have an herb garden every summer.  I use the basil, sage and oregano that I dry all year round.  The oregano is particularly tasty.  Alas, I cannot keep a rosemary plant alive in the house after bring it in in the fall.  This year's died early.  Once I kept it going until March and then it died.  What is my problem?  


We are eating white chicken chili that rocks.  Made totally from scratch without cheese or sour cream from fresh peppers, chicken and herbs.  Google White Chicken Chili and Cook's Illustrated.  It's not often low cal food tastes so good. 


Yours in frugality, 


The Cheeseparer

No comments: