Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cheap Mama from Philly: A Woman After My Own Heart

The hairdresser is one place where the dollars can add up fast. I just go longer and longer between appointments (very little gray, just mouse brown) until a big event comes up, then I spend the money.

Back in the day (wayyyy back in the day) when I was a young mom, my friend and I would always go to the beauty school, and we were generally satisfied with the results. And the price was right.

Cutting or coloring my own hair is something I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Don't have talents in that direction. One thing about being mature (well, that's a word for it) is that you realize you own talents and limitations. Do I take an HTML class and put together a website? You bet. Do I buy color at the drugstore and have trainwreck hair? No way.

I liked Mama from Philly's blog:
http://cheapmama-chris.blogspot.com/

What is cooler than the blogosphere? It's like having a million neat friends that share with you. Love it. Love it.

The Cheeseparer's Wife

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi! This is cheapmama! Thanks for the shout out. Love your blog,too
I'm saving money in the emirates now after some cyb
er-stalking last year (the current girlfriend of a very ex boyfriend) sent me into cyber hiding.